"Maturity is knowing when to be mature."
I grew up as the Brian Belden in my own family, the oldest, the responsible, the one who had to make sure the others weren't getting into hot water, the one who always had to be on her best behavior so the adults could point and say to the others, "Why can't you be as well behaved as her?" It was a pain living up to people's expectations and during my teenage years, I finally cracked. I've since returned from the 180 but I'll never be the person I once was. There are both good and bad aspects to this, but what I've come to realize is that I make mistakes and I'll never be perfect, but I'm me, and my true friends accept me as is and that is what matters. There will always be people who choose to hate me for whatever reason and it's not my fault.
I just noticed your Stor Trooper(tm) Jen and I like it! Happy Anniversary Meagan and Michael! Got a pic of those flowers to show us curious folk? ;) I read the first part of Bitter Blood by Sue today. I am now in the mood for a mystery. How do I go about writing one? Welcome home, Bonnie and thanks again for delivering the news Cathy! Hi Carol! I don't have any personal experience with colic but I'll ask around and see if I can gather words of wisdom. I think we're on the same wavelength with relationships Claire; it just somehow went from being friends to more, so I'm not even sure what to call a first date! Five course meals? Janette you're nuts for ever trying that even if you're stopping now ;) Of course after our Sunday chat I think you realize my position when it comes to the kitchen!
Discussion question of the blog (suddenly I feel like I'm in sixth grade reading class): A friend said that his sisters, who are two years apart, have competed all their lives and hate each other's guts. Further discussion seemed to indicate the relationship between siblings varies dramatically across gender. My own family has more males and less bitterness than his. The bobwhite families are mostly male too except for the Lynch sets of twins who are too young to have impact on the books. All families are different, of course, but what I want to ask everyone reading this is: in your family and in families you know, how do the brothers get along versus the sisters? How about the brother-sister relationships? Other thoughts on this issue?
I grew up as the Brian Belden in my own family, the oldest, the responsible, the one who had to make sure the others weren't getting into hot water, the one who always had to be on her best behavior so the adults could point and say to the others, "Why can't you be as well behaved as her?" It was a pain living up to people's expectations and during my teenage years, I finally cracked. I've since returned from the 180 but I'll never be the person I once was. There are both good and bad aspects to this, but what I've come to realize is that I make mistakes and I'll never be perfect, but I'm me, and my true friends accept me as is and that is what matters. There will always be people who choose to hate me for whatever reason and it's not my fault.
I just noticed your Stor Trooper(tm) Jen and I like it! Happy Anniversary Meagan and Michael! Got a pic of those flowers to show us curious folk? ;) I read the first part of Bitter Blood by Sue today. I am now in the mood for a mystery. How do I go about writing one? Welcome home, Bonnie and thanks again for delivering the news Cathy! Hi Carol! I don't have any personal experience with colic but I'll ask around and see if I can gather words of wisdom. I think we're on the same wavelength with relationships Claire; it just somehow went from being friends to more, so I'm not even sure what to call a first date! Five course meals? Janette you're nuts for ever trying that even if you're stopping now ;) Of course after our Sunday chat I think you realize my position when it comes to the kitchen!
Discussion question of the blog (suddenly I feel like I'm in sixth grade reading class): A friend said that his sisters, who are two years apart, have competed all their lives and hate each other's guts. Further discussion seemed to indicate the relationship between siblings varies dramatically across gender. My own family has more males and less bitterness than his. The bobwhite families are mostly male too except for the Lynch sets of twins who are too young to have impact on the books. All families are different, of course, but what I want to ask everyone reading this is: in your family and in families you know, how do the brothers get along versus the sisters? How about the brother-sister relationships? Other thoughts on this issue?

<< Home