"I have a secret to tell from my electrical well.
It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells."
(They Might Be Giants, 1990)
Thank you to all who shared your recollections when CDs entered your life. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who played records and eight-tracks (aims a pillow squarely at Janette, figuring between mileage and time difference, it should arrive by 8am Saturday morning, west Aussie time) Speaking of time difference, Jenni J. (whose link I just added!) and I spoke; we figured out that the current difference between US (EST) and Melbourne is 14 hours and as always the Aussies are ahead. How's Friday looking?
I don't even know if my rugrats know about rotary phones. I'd better go find out. Bonnie, I'd have felt old in your situation too! Kids these days!
Welcome back Carol! I'm glad to hear that despite the difficulties with Katelyn's arrival to our world, everything is all right now. Babies take up an inordinate amount of time! And even if your baby is napping peacefully and you can sneak off to do something else, sometimes you end up sitting there in front of the crib, watching the little one, realizing just how precious she is. Enjoy your little girl; she will grow up so fast!
Daylights Savings Time is driving me nuts too, Laura because as nice as it is to still be bright and sunny when I get home from work, I've been late to work all week. Most of my colleagues have too.
Cherry blossoms continue to bloom everywhere. It was observed that they seem to bunch up; for a few blocks, one side of the street there were only pink blossoms whereas on the other side there were only white blossoms, then they switched for the next few blocks! It reminds me of college dorms co-ed by hallway.
Speaking of the far gone university days: I got my reunion notice today. Has anyone ever been to a reunion? Good? Bad? Ugly? Would you or wouldn't you go?
It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells."
(They Might Be Giants, 1990)
Thank you to all who shared your recollections when CDs entered your life. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who played records and eight-tracks (aims a pillow squarely at Janette, figuring between mileage and time difference, it should arrive by 8am Saturday morning, west Aussie time) Speaking of time difference, Jenni J. (whose link I just added!) and I spoke; we figured out that the current difference between US (EST) and Melbourne is 14 hours and as always the Aussies are ahead. How's Friday looking?
I don't even know if my rugrats know about rotary phones. I'd better go find out. Bonnie, I'd have felt old in your situation too! Kids these days!
Welcome back Carol! I'm glad to hear that despite the difficulties with Katelyn's arrival to our world, everything is all right now. Babies take up an inordinate amount of time! And even if your baby is napping peacefully and you can sneak off to do something else, sometimes you end up sitting there in front of the crib, watching the little one, realizing just how precious she is. Enjoy your little girl; she will grow up so fast!
Daylights Savings Time is driving me nuts too, Laura because as nice as it is to still be bright and sunny when I get home from work, I've been late to work all week. Most of my colleagues have too.
Cherry blossoms continue to bloom everywhere. It was observed that they seem to bunch up; for a few blocks, one side of the street there were only pink blossoms whereas on the other side there were only white blossoms, then they switched for the next few blocks! It reminds me of college dorms co-ed by hallway.
Speaking of the far gone university days: I got my reunion notice today. Has anyone ever been to a reunion? Good? Bad? Ugly? Would you or wouldn't you go?

<< Home