"R-E-S-P-E-C-T ; Find out what it means to me."
(Aretha Franklin, 1967)
And to conclude this weeklong celebration of the one year anniversary of Jixemitri, we were treated with the season one finale of A Simple Kind of Fear by Jenni! Wow. Do you know why I like ASKOF? It's not just the drama - although couples getting married because of a pregnancy is pretty dramatic. It's not just the mystery although finding out who dunnit and why is always interesting. It's not just the romance, although things are sure heating up between our schoolgirl shamus and our redheaded groom! I like ASKOF because it's about a small town with ordinary people who wake up in the morning and trot off to work or school, either inside or outside of the home, just like you and me. It's not just the bobwhites anymore. It's about a whole town and how they react to the latest news, from gruesome murders to the senior prom. That's the kind of universe I want to be creating, one where readers care about everyone involved and it's not all black and white. And that is why ASKOF is the only television show I watch.
I made it through another day of work and feel less nauseous. The headache seems to have gone away (knock on what computer desk is made of) Thanks for the concern, Claire even if partly motivated by selfish reasons ;) You will be happy to know that I wrote a bit while chatting with Kyrie on AOL Instant Messenger this morning, but there's still a long way to go so don't hold your breath. Congratuations on your midterm grade (my rugrats' midterm is next week; guess I should write it?) and have fun on spring break. Is it coincidental your spring break begins today, on a full moon? [MoonPhase download]
Now I leave everybody with a question: Do you consider your spouse / significant other to be your best friend?
(Aretha Franklin, 1967)
And to conclude this weeklong celebration of the one year anniversary of Jixemitri, we were treated with the season one finale of A Simple Kind of Fear by Jenni! Wow. Do you know why I like ASKOF? It's not just the drama - although couples getting married because of a pregnancy is pretty dramatic. It's not just the mystery although finding out who dunnit and why is always interesting. It's not just the romance, although things are sure heating up between our schoolgirl shamus and our redheaded groom! I like ASKOF because it's about a small town with ordinary people who wake up in the morning and trot off to work or school, either inside or outside of the home, just like you and me. It's not just the bobwhites anymore. It's about a whole town and how they react to the latest news, from gruesome murders to the senior prom. That's the kind of universe I want to be creating, one where readers care about everyone involved and it's not all black and white. And that is why ASKOF is the only television show I watch.
I made it through another day of work and feel less nauseous. The headache seems to have gone away (knock on what computer desk is made of) Thanks for the concern, Claire even if partly motivated by selfish reasons ;) You will be happy to know that I wrote a bit while chatting with Kyrie on AOL Instant Messenger this morning, but there's still a long way to go so don't hold your breath. Congratuations on your midterm grade (my rugrats' midterm is next week; guess I should write it?) and have fun on spring break. Is it coincidental your spring break begins today, on a full moon? [MoonPhase download]
Now I leave everybody with a question: Do you consider your spouse / significant other to be your best friend?

<< Home