Is it too much to demand, I want a full house and a rock 'n' roll band,
Pens that won't run out of ink and cool, quiet, and time to think.
(Mary Chapin Carpenter, 1992)
You know how little kids see the toys their friends have and decide they want one too? That's how I feel right now. Last weekend I helped some friends move, and a mutual friend who also came to help, announced that he too had bought a house and would move soon. I'm happy for my friends, but the little kid in me is whining, "I want a house too!" Sometimes my siblings ask if they can move in with me, after a disagreement with the parents. My usual response is, "only if I can claim you as a dependent on my taxes." If I had a house, I could say yes unconditionally and not worry about where they'd all fit.
A warm welcome to Katelyn for joining our crazy world on such a cool day and congratulations to her proud parents, Carol and Rich. Moving right along, I don't know what your witch teacher is smoking Claire but Linux is definitely more useful than DOS in this day and age. And you don't have to remember the switches. Type man ls to get a list. Man pages are your friend :-) Finally I don't know exactly what's going on but Heather I'm sending some extra positive vibes your way because you sound like you need them. Even if I don't always say it, I'm always trying to send positive vibes towards Trixie friends.
Thanks to all of you who answered the silly fifteen years question. When I first thought about it, I felt like everything had changed for me, people in my life, place I live, etc. Yet deep down, I'm still the same person. I'm still wearing jeans, t-shirts and sneakers, every bit the tomboy I've always been. I still would do almost anything for my siblings. I still have some idealism in me, although the older I get, the more cynical I get, which is impressive, seeing that I started out that way. I'm from New York; what's your excuse? Still, it's good to know that I haven't done a 180 on my personality. On the other hand, it's scary how some people who are such a part of my life today I didn't even know then. I definitely prefer the present. Although I could deal with family and friends being closer.
A few people mentioned boyfriends of the past so I wanted to throw out another question. Did your parents ever put restrictions on when you could date? For those who have children, do you put restrictions on them? Age restrictions, type of date restrictions, etc.
Pens that won't run out of ink and cool, quiet, and time to think.
(Mary Chapin Carpenter, 1992)
You know how little kids see the toys their friends have and decide they want one too? That's how I feel right now. Last weekend I helped some friends move, and a mutual friend who also came to help, announced that he too had bought a house and would move soon. I'm happy for my friends, but the little kid in me is whining, "I want a house too!" Sometimes my siblings ask if they can move in with me, after a disagreement with the parents. My usual response is, "only if I can claim you as a dependent on my taxes." If I had a house, I could say yes unconditionally and not worry about where they'd all fit.
A warm welcome to Katelyn for joining our crazy world on such a cool day and congratulations to her proud parents, Carol and Rich. Moving right along, I don't know what your witch teacher is smoking Claire but Linux is definitely more useful than DOS in this day and age. And you don't have to remember the switches. Type man ls to get a list. Man pages are your friend :-) Finally I don't know exactly what's going on but Heather I'm sending some extra positive vibes your way because you sound like you need them. Even if I don't always say it, I'm always trying to send positive vibes towards Trixie friends.
Thanks to all of you who answered the silly fifteen years question. When I first thought about it, I felt like everything had changed for me, people in my life, place I live, etc. Yet deep down, I'm still the same person. I'm still wearing jeans, t-shirts and sneakers, every bit the tomboy I've always been. I still would do almost anything for my siblings. I still have some idealism in me, although the older I get, the more cynical I get, which is impressive, seeing that I started out that way. I'm from New York; what's your excuse? Still, it's good to know that I haven't done a 180 on my personality. On the other hand, it's scary how some people who are such a part of my life today I didn't even know then. I definitely prefer the present. Although I could deal with family and friends being closer.
A few people mentioned boyfriends of the past so I wanted to throw out another question. Did your parents ever put restrictions on when you could date? For those who have children, do you put restrictions on them? Age restrictions, type of date restrictions, etc.

<< Home