Tuesday, April 03, 2001

How many years can a mountain exist before it washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free?
How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind; the answer is blowing in the wind.
(Peter, Paul and Mary, 1963)


Blogger was down last Thursday so I borrowed the Jixemitri board to post what I'd found. It is repeated below now that blogger is up and running (get back here!)

Top 10 Names 1880-1919
Top 10 Names 1920-1959
Top 10 Names 1960-1997

I must say when I alluded to the idea that Peter and Helen might have named their daughter Beatrix Mildred Belden, I had no idea that it was on the top ten list for most of 1905 to 1925! It's still a little before Trixie's time, even in the original series. I'll stick with Alicia. (Thanks Roxanne!)

We have set our clocks forward while the Aussie and NZ crowd have set their clocks back. This means the time difference between us is now...less. (Haven't worked out the exact hours!) Cherry Blossoms are announcing the arrival of summer in the northern hemisphere. Today's temperature was 62F (16C) Time to break out the t-shirts!

Extra positive vibes going to Cathy and her (what do you call a niece's son?) grandnephew(?) greatnephew(?) You know who I mean.

I think every bride goes through stress Chris. Keep reminding yourself that you will get everything done, have a fantastic wedding (tell us about it!) and continue having a wonderful life with Keith.

Welcome back Jen and Steph! We've missed you!

Updated blog links for Janette and Kyrie. Did I miss anyone? Speaking of whom: Penn State!! Baby's!! Cheese Fries!! I probably didn't spend more than a handful of weekends on that campus, but for some reason, I have many fond memories. Which brings me to...

Does anyone else remember when CD's / CD players etc. came out and were all the new technology craze? I was at Penn State; a particular friend of mine just had to see the new CD players some store was selling, so a bunch of us agreed to go along (he bribed us with cheese fries) and I remember thinking the 5 CD player was pretty neat even though I didn't own any CDs. Amazing how far technology has come! Who remembers their first exposure to CD's? (If you tell me that you remember nothing but CDs and have no idea what a record player is, I am going to throw a pillow at you. No offense.)