Keep smiling, keep shining, knowing you can always count on me, for sure,
That's what friends are for.
(Dionne Warwick, 1986)
More administrative stuff. Say hello to Steph and Chris whose blogs I have added to the list. Welcome, ladies!
Thanks to Meagan, Caellian and Tara for posting supportive comments about the story I added yesterday. Your encouragement means a lot to me!
More stories! Today I read the first chapter of Things Fall Apart by Jenni J. Anyone else reading it? It's taking the bobwhites on a rollercoaster ride through that thing we call adulthood. I know I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
Danielle - Hope Operation Tree was completely successful. Wow, I'm an imaginary friend? Cool. I read blogs because I need something to do while running programs at work and as long as I use text based browser (which means no colors so I end up reading the whole thing) is less processor intensive than anything else I could be doing. Besides your and your friends' conversations make me nostalgic for college life. Hi Mike! :-)
Karen - Thank you for your compliments on my latest story and the graphics on the blog! Sorry to hear about your woes with the school. Administrator details are always feast or famine; either they're all needed to handle everything and its brother, or have little disciplinary actions to take. How big is the school? I hope you do get a chance to see the principal tomorrow.
Kyrie - I like the new graphics. And I know what you mean about Napster - somebody (not me) installed it at work and suddenly the hard drive space has decreased substantially. I'm not going to say anything unless there's so little space my programs don't run. It is entertaining to have music on at work!
Laura - don't worry about what you want to be when you grow up. Just find something that will keep you happy for the next five years or so, and then reevaluate. Would love to see your painting whenever you get it done! I always wish I had artistic skills. (I draw like a two-year-old) I wish I could see mountains here; everything is flat.
Misty - I've had days like that when I show up and nobody else is there and I'm wondering why I even bother. And half of the people here operate on some warped time zone because they're late to everything. One senior guy who forgets about meetings unless someone knocks on his door because he gets so wrapped up in what he's doing that he fails to look at the clock. C'est la vie. Hope things look up for you.
Tina - how old is your daughter? I remember having the menstration talks in fifth grade and sex ed in seventh, ninth and eleventh grade. Maybe they will teach a sex class next year? I don't know if you're at a position to make a suggestion. And I agree; most parents don't talk to their kids about sex and IMHO they should. As for your daughter, is there another adult (that you trust) with whom she could discuss these issues? Some kids feel they need a non threatening adult (read: not Mom nor Dad) to talk with. Many conversations with my siblings begin with, "Don't tell Mom/Dad." Obviously it'd be best if she opens up to you, but if not, it's still better she learns from a trusted adult than the streets.
I'm running low on LifeSavers CremeSavers. Anyone else eat these hard candies?
That's what friends are for.
(Dionne Warwick, 1986)
More administrative stuff. Say hello to Steph and Chris whose blogs I have added to the list. Welcome, ladies!
Thanks to Meagan, Caellian and Tara for posting supportive comments about the story I added yesterday. Your encouragement means a lot to me!
More stories! Today I read the first chapter of Things Fall Apart by Jenni J. Anyone else reading it? It's taking the bobwhites on a rollercoaster ride through that thing we call adulthood. I know I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
Danielle - Hope Operation Tree was completely successful. Wow, I'm an imaginary friend? Cool. I read blogs because I need something to do while running programs at work and as long as I use text based browser (which means no colors so I end up reading the whole thing) is less processor intensive than anything else I could be doing. Besides your and your friends' conversations make me nostalgic for college life. Hi Mike! :-)
Karen - Thank you for your compliments on my latest story and the graphics on the blog! Sorry to hear about your woes with the school. Administrator details are always feast or famine; either they're all needed to handle everything and its brother, or have little disciplinary actions to take. How big is the school? I hope you do get a chance to see the principal tomorrow.
Kyrie - I like the new graphics. And I know what you mean about Napster - somebody (not me) installed it at work and suddenly the hard drive space has decreased substantially. I'm not going to say anything unless there's so little space my programs don't run. It is entertaining to have music on at work!
Laura - don't worry about what you want to be when you grow up. Just find something that will keep you happy for the next five years or so, and then reevaluate. Would love to see your painting whenever you get it done! I always wish I had artistic skills. (I draw like a two-year-old) I wish I could see mountains here; everything is flat.
Misty - I've had days like that when I show up and nobody else is there and I'm wondering why I even bother. And half of the people here operate on some warped time zone because they're late to everything. One senior guy who forgets about meetings unless someone knocks on his door because he gets so wrapped up in what he's doing that he fails to look at the clock. C'est la vie. Hope things look up for you.
Tina - how old is your daughter? I remember having the menstration talks in fifth grade and sex ed in seventh, ninth and eleventh grade. Maybe they will teach a sex class next year? I don't know if you're at a position to make a suggestion. And I agree; most parents don't talk to their kids about sex and IMHO they should. As for your daughter, is there another adult (that you trust) with whom she could discuss these issues? Some kids feel they need a non threatening adult (read: not Mom nor Dad) to talk with. Many conversations with my siblings begin with, "Don't tell Mom/Dad." Obviously it'd be best if she opens up to you, but if not, it's still better she learns from a trusted adult than the streets.
I'm running low on LifeSavers CremeSavers. Anyone else eat these hard candies?

<< Home