Tuesday, January 02, 2001

My hair is now half a foot shorter.

For the past few years, my hair has been longer than waist length. This is otherwise known as gets caught in everything length. So why didn't I cut it already? Fear. Laziness. Inability to spend so much money on a haircut. Don't get me wrong; it's not all bad. When properly shampooed, conditioned and brushed, it looks quite beautiful. Looking beautiful, however, is not on my daily to do list. Also, not too surprisingly, the probability of very long hair getting caught in something increases exponentially when the number of mobile people around you increases. You can imagine what this was like at a party. About an hour or so after I arrived, I'd had enough. I managed to locate a hairbrush, a pair of scissors and Jordan (my best friend) who, after hearing my rants all these months, didn't even need to ask any questions when observing the items in my hand. We hid in Will's room for maybe five to ten minutes, raiding a waste basket along the way. CHOP! SNIP! It honestly looked like some small furry creature and crawled into the trash can and met its end. The funny thing is, nobody at the party seemed to notice. I got home at 4am on New Year's Day.

Thanks goes to Mary for posting incredibly detailed supportive comments on A Candle On A Winter's Night Thank goodness for Trixie friends!

This morning I was listening to Mix 106.5 FM this morning and they played a sing 'It's My Team' for the Baltimore Ravens. Maybe it's because I know the original song of which this is a parody, but I found this quite amusing.

I'm not normal, I know, I don't care
(Ace of Base, 1995)


Danielle - I think normals are scared by TMBG and Will is one of the more normal friends of mine. But hey, he supplied the house, the pizza, the chips, the dip, the booze, so who am I to complain? I can sympathesize with the e-mail; some people just don't seem to be capable of writing back. I usually wait a month and send another message. "Are you alive?" usually gets a response (although from my friends, usually a response of, "I'm not sure.")

Karen - If my mother called and said she was coming over with a hoard of relatives, I'd go more than spastic. This pit...err...apartment needs at least two to three days of cleaning before it's vaguely presentable for any type of parents! Needless to say kudos to you for handling it with grace! The curtains sound lovely. My sympathies for having a class like that! If I had to sew a wearable garment, uh, well, you ever see that episode of the Cosby Show?

Kyrie - Glad to hear that you and Sue had a wonderful weekend in Cleveland. I can also identfy with the fanfic issues; currently, there are a dozen files sitting here mocking me, and this is not counting the stuff I've temporarily given up upon and moved to another directory. Sadly I even have files that have been reviewed by a nice editor and I just don't have the energy to edit. I'd say go ahead and write all those other stories - we are willing readers of anything about Brian and Devin :-)

Misty - I'm still receiving Christmas cards so I don't think the holiday season is quite over yet. I'm glad someone else has a chance to read; I received some books and still haven't had a chance to pick one up. I can also relate to a stage of my life when my food consisted of cereal and bagels. It was definitely a cheap way to live!

Tina - 15 inches of snow! Feel free to send some this way because the storm completely missed us and me being the Yankee I am actually want snow. It doesn't take much to give me a day off, which is also an added bonus :-) Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better.

And to everyone: Happy new year, happy new decade, happy new century and happy new millenium!