Wednesday, December 20, 2000

Today's message from blogger:

Argh! As Blog*Spot users will have noticed, our ISP for that service has still not solved the problem. All that the woman handling "overflow" calls on their support line could tell us is that "it's a router problem and they need to replace some equipment." Why this could take over two days now (with no ETA on getting it fixed) is a mystery to us, but it seems we're as helpless as you in this scheme -- and, believe me, even more frustrated. (Note: For those who care, this outage is also affecting NewsBlogger, MetaFilter, beta.pyra.com, Evhead, Megnut, OnFocus, etc.)
– Ev. [12/20/2000 1:38:00 PM]

I'll just keep posting. Publish later. You know the drill.

Most of the schools in the area were closed, but not the university, as its the last day of finals. Commencement is tomorrow. Wow. Another batch of rugrats have made it through the N years to their diploma. You know you've been around for awhile when you realize the first batch of rugrats you ever taught have not only graduated, but have graduated long enough ago that they're showing up at reunions. Then you really begin to feel old, even though you still get carded by every freaking bartender outside of the college limits. But I don't feel too bad about that when my friends get carded too :-)

Danielle - I hear you, and I agree with the sentiments. It is disturbing that people who got married first think they're the authority on couples who have dated longer but are not married yet. Relationships are such a YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) concept; you can't judge the committment in someone's relationship by whether or not there is a legal document tying them together. Similarly, although marriage may bring lots of changes to some couples, it won't to all.

Kyrie - I enjoyed reading the story behind the fan fiction, where the various people come from, etc. As a fellow writer, I also find that I take from real life, although with me, it usually ends up written before I discover that! Next time someone asks a clarifying question about where something in a story came from, I'll blog a response! Btw, I read Chapter 11 and have to say I didn't see that coming. Poor Brian! What will tomorrow bring? Can't wait to read more!