Woo-hoo!!
I'm sorting through my mail this evening after another grueling end of the semester crunch day at work and find a rectangular envelope. I figured it was a holiday card, it being December and all. I checked the return address and it's from my friend, we'll call her "Jane." So I pull out my knife, slice the envelope open, take the card out. Open it: Happy Holidays, Peace on Earth, all the good stuff.
And then, in her curvy handwriting: "I'm engaged!!!"
Whee!!!! I don't remember how long they've been together, but I finally got to meet him last summer. He's a great guy and they make a wonderful couple. I'm just so happy for them! They haven't set a date yet; they're thinking late spring or early summer of next year. I really hope that I'll be able to go. In the almost four years we've known one another, we've been through a lot together, and I'd really like to be there for her and her fiance(!) on their special day.
Wow - if I get this excited over someone else's engagement, what's going to happen when I...err, never mind. Let's not go there. Neither of us are ready to address that issue yet.
I'm sorting through my mail this evening after another grueling end of the semester crunch day at work and find a rectangular envelope. I figured it was a holiday card, it being December and all. I checked the return address and it's from my friend, we'll call her "Jane." So I pull out my knife, slice the envelope open, take the card out. Open it: Happy Holidays, Peace on Earth, all the good stuff.
And then, in her curvy handwriting: "I'm engaged!!!"
Whee!!!! I don't remember how long they've been together, but I finally got to meet him last summer. He's a great guy and they make a wonderful couple. I'm just so happy for them! They haven't set a date yet; they're thinking late spring or early summer of next year. I really hope that I'll be able to go. In the almost four years we've known one another, we've been through a lot together, and I'd really like to be there for her and her fiance(!) on their special day.
Wow - if I get this excited over someone else's engagement, what's going to happen when I...err, never mind. Let's not go there. Neither of us are ready to address that issue yet.

<< Home