Monday, January 22, 2001

I had a psychedelic Trixie dream last night. (I must say I was quite startled when I checked Jixemitri and found Meagan had posted about a Trixie dream!) I don't remember many details, but I know it involved the bobwhites, the mountainhawks, me, my Trixie friends, two bad guys, lots of fire, running away down a steep slope, hiding in a multistory house, and then, just as we thought the bad guys had all of us hostage, Cathy saved the day when she, unbeknownst to the rest of us, managed to hide in one of the other rooms of the house, remain undiscover, and shoot the bad guys. Now I'm sure she's not violent in real life, but remember, these were bad guys! Who were after all of us! So be grateful! :-)

A warm welcome to Claire please. I took a sneak peek at your first chapter and can't wait to see where you're going to take it! An announcement like that could have far reaching implications to everybody.

Read Chapter 13 of Freshmen Fifteen by Kyrie and Jen. I'm amused by what Brian and Devin pulled in lab. Whoever thought section could be so fun? "I just have a feeling…" I'm not sure if I should be sympathetic for Brian or glad he's been through this already! Somehow I think this time he will be a bit more understanding. Now, as for those mysteries...do we get to find out what happens next? Soon? Please?

Read Chapters 3 and 4 of Things Fall Apart by Jenni J. Okay, so I actually had a preview of Chapter 3 but didn't want to say anything earlier. Jenni! Thanks for listening to my babble! I must say, even with the preview of how one assumption can lead to a massive unraveling, it didn't prepare me for the fast paced Chapter 4. It won't be long until the entire town hears the rumors. What is going to happen next? Can anything be resolved? Don't leave us hanging!

Now I am going to catch up on other blogs.

Carol - sometimes I get the document not found error messages; not sure if it's the same type of thing, but when I try later, it's usually all right. Maybe the site you were checking was temporarily down? I know sometimes I can't reach freeservers. And last month there was a big problem with blogspot, but I think the new servers should solve that now. I'm not having trouble with the links right now.

Cathy - what story are you referring to? Something we will see soon (more DL?) or something completely different? Maybe your other universe? Enquiring minds want to know what it is and when we can read it :-) Btw, I think your role in my psychedelic Trixie dream is just kinda a subconscious indication that I think you're doing a good job keeping everything together at Jixemitri! So kudos to you!

Chris - the dresses, both yours and the bridesmaids' look absolutely gorgeous! Will you post photographs of the wedding? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd love to see them! The china and crystal look so elegant. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Danielle - thanks for the e-mail, and I understand about privacy issues. It's one of the reasons I decided to put this at blogspot instead of my own site. Maybe you could give the rugrats something a bit less personal to ponder about; I have one colleague who walks in with a huge thermos of coffee every day and keeps drinking out of it. (It's decaf, but the rugrats don't know that) Oddly, they don't bother finding out more about her.

Heather - where you take a three year old depends on the three year old in question! She might just want someone to play dolls with her. I know Fantasia 2000 was a big hit with my nieces, who are also around that age, if that's any indication. Ask her what she wants to do; with everyone attending to the baby, they might not have gotten a chance to ask. As long as it's not "I want a pony" or something equally outrageous, you may be able to come through and be her hero! :-)

Karen - I haven't been to a hairdresser in over a decade. I've given up on looking! Thankfully I have family / friends who do a decent job of cutting my hair when it needs it, not that it's nearly as difficult when one's hair is long enough and almost always worn up anyway! I don't suppose you have that option?

Kyrie - quite amusing that you found where your Mom had hidden the books and read ahead! She's a good sport to keep reading; mine handed me the books once I could do it myself!

Misty - I didn't know Texas had no state income tax! You learn something new every day. Thanks for enlightening the rest of us! And thanks for the trip down memory lane with all those odd hair ornaments. I think the older you get, the more nostalgia kicks in!

Steph - so good to hear you're writing! Did you know when I first found Zap's, there were only five stories there, and two of 'em (one joint with Chicago Karen) were yours? I've always been amazed at how many ideas you have! Looking forward to reading more!

Tina - we got snow here too; it was raining Saturday, and then turned into snow. Now it's half melting and the roads are icy. (begin sarcasm) What fun. (end sarcasm) Be careful out there!

As those of you who were in chat with me last night know, I was multitasking, as usual, and trying to find photographs of real people that sort of resemble the way I see the bobwhites. Here are my picks:

Trixie | Honey | Jim | Brian | Mart | Diana | Dan


And I'd just like to say, for the record, that it's really hard to find curly blond females and redheaded males!