Wednesday, January 24, 2001

His brow is deeply lined in thought, his head is highly domed
His coat is dusty from neglect, his whiskers are uncombed
He sways his head from side to side with movements like a snake
And when you think he's half asleep, he's always wide awake!
("McCavity" by T.S. Eliot)


I've added a link to Jenni F.'s Way T.M.I. which is a blog pertaining to her story in progress A Simple Kind of Fear. I don't have a link to Trixie's Journal for this story, because there's a link back to the main page, but I'd recommend those reading the story to take a peek at that too. Our Schoolgirl Shamus at work!

Good news people - I've heard from Jen and she's all right, just boggled down with various situations that thing called life occasionally throws at us, but she hopes to rejoin our blog community soon.

Carol - glad the pre-natal birthing class went well and offered some reassurance. I'm sure you'll be just fine and can't wait to greet little Katey! Btw, she's due on my friend's birthday, so if she comes out on time (I know, yeah right) I'll never forget her birthday *G*

Cathy - sounds like you had a rough day Monday. I hope you're feeling better! If you need / want to talk, I'm just an e-mail away!

Chris - I can totally relate to being friends with and taking advice from a former student...it's weird at first but then you begin to treat each other as equals and don't realize how weird it might have been until someone else points it out!

Claire - about the econ, if demand goes up and supply goes down, price increases. Think of it this way; if more people start wanting to collect Trixie books and less people want to sell 'em, then the price reaches astronomical levels on ebay. Holler if you have more questions! (Once an econ minor, always an econ minor!) Looking forward to reading more of Hidden Secrets You can always write out of order. Goodness knows I do it!

Danielle - it was nice reading about your evening. Kudos for friends! And I agree - although I don't miss high school one bit, it was so hard getting used to not seeing my closest friends on a daily basis. Yet our friendships still continue to thrive and not a day goes by without my being grateful.

Heather - about chat, did you float the chat window? I do that when there's tons of people because then I can make the window bigger. Of course when lag doesn't let me see anything for a minute and then suddenly I get bombarded with three screens of text, it's not much help! But I figured I'd share the tidbit in case it's of help!

Karen - you have my sympathy re: copies. We used to have limits and it drove us nuts! Now the entire department uses one code. Although I fear what the limit is (new machines don't show it) it actually saves a lot of people...ahem...borrowing other codes to make more copies. As for the bats, you may not want to read Madness right now...

Misty and Tina - thanks for sharing your ghost stories. I know of a few but I don't want to say anything without getting permission from the people whose story it is. Stay tuned!

Steph - I'm also effected by the seasons, or rather, the lack of light. It just doesn't seem right to get light so late and dark so early! I do find that if I can make it to chat or throw myself into writing, I end up feeling better, so I hope the same will work for you. Looking forward to your stories!

Sue - sorry to hear about your computer woes. Hope that between you and your brother, you manage to get your computer back to its original working state. As for kids, my siblings used to say stuff like, "Ok, I'm not going to eat any more because I want to order dessert." Of course, now that they're teenagers, they eat everything and still have room for dessert! Scary thing is I remember being like that - thank goodness I outgrew it!

Happy year of the snake to anyone who's celebrating!